Monday, October 11, 2010

Bottles

So it has been a little over three months now that Charlie won't take a bottle. At first is was somewhat flattering and I couldn't be mad at him b/c he was really so young. Guess what Charlie? It's starting to get old! I thought maybe introducing solids might help him get over this hump but surprise, he could care less about real food too!! I am trying so hard to be patient and understanding and appreciate all of his GREAT facets (there are so many) but I am sooo frustrated as a Mom. Selfishly too, I am coming to terms with the fact that I might not get what I want for my birthday this year, a trip to Texas to celebrate Megan's birthday and see all of our old MSU friends! Just a little rant, I know. And just another lesson in parenting. There are only so many things you can control and patience is required way more than I ever imagined!! Updates: he has two teeth now, is rolling over and over and is working on sitting up! He is a social little guy and is much happier when people are playing with him or looking at him!

In other news, the long weekend was a welcome break for busy busy Rob and I didn't mind the help either! We watched the MSU game (amazing) with the Jamiesons and spent Sunday with Bridget downtown checking out the capital, the botanical gardens and the National Cathedral. I miss my family so much and it is always so great to be able to see them, even just for a few hours. Maggie wore her purple tutu the entire time and was quite the entertainer. Wherever we went people were taking pictures of her. And a visiting couple from China asked to have their picture taken with our family. Note to self, leave the ballet costumes at home next time!!






No comments: