Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Missouri Musings

It's that time again. Moving always seems to creep up on me. While I am so excited to move to Virginia I can't help but think about all the things I will miss in Missouri. When we arrived here in 2006 we really didn't know what to expect. I can't say that I was thrilled to leave Germany but I was just glad that Rob and I would be living in the same house for awhile. We have been pretty lucky in Rob's assignments here and appreciate the time we have had as a family.

I was especially thrilled to have more time with our Army "family" (Julie and Company) and never expected to meet such great friends here. From Friday night dinners with the other Aides and their families and BBQ's with our Career Course neighbors to our Wednesday/Tuesday lunches with the ladies of Delafield, our time here brought us together with some really wonderful people. Taking care of Caroline and being part of her family for awhile was also a great blessing for me and really helped me prepare for mommy-hood. Of course the most memorable moment during our 2 1/2 years here was the addition of Maggie to our family. This really was a wonderful place to be pregnant and have a baby. All of the other moms on the street (especially Haven and Beth) helped me, loved me and reassured me during the crazy first days with a baby.

I have so many wonderful memories that I will always cherish. From watching fireworks in St Louis on the 4th of July with "the crew" from Germany to shopping for baby clothes at the Lake with Rachel this duty station has brought me a long way and taught me a great deal about myself. Thanks to all of our friends who made our time here so special. We will really miss you!!

4 comments:

Beth Pritchard said...

You had some great memories! It's so good to leave a place with good thoughts. :-)
Miss you!

The Hennagans said...

I am going to miss YOU! You were my very first friend at Fort Leonard Wood. I wish you guys all the best in Virginia! I know you are going to love it and I can't wait to come visit! :)

barry martin said...

I am going to miss you guys in Missouri! (I never thought I would say this, but) I loved watching you grow as a couple and into a small family. I loved the day when I was praying in church and the phone rang from Missouri... it was you Erin, telling me that you were pregnant with Maggie! I loved watching Lucy learn to stay in the yard. The "Show Me State" never had such beautiful newly weds as you and Rob... Both of you are such talented writers. Yes, I will miss 'ole Missouri. I know you are not supposed to cry in the Army... but, I have to admit... writing this does bring tears to the eyes of this old mule...

Love, Dad

Brooklyn said...

once I was in a small musical revue of "First Lady Suite" and the only song I sang was one called "Ole Missoura" and it was a very funny song. I must say, I am happy to see you moving closer to meeee! I can't wait to come for Maggie's birthday party! Or before that!!!!!