Tuesday, December 8, 2009

29


I'm 29 today! I have been thinking about it for the past few weeks and wondering how I would feel today, one year away from my 30th birthday. Though this really isn't one of those milestone birthdays, it feels pretty significant to me. Maybe because it is my last year in my "20s" or maybe just because I am hyper-sensitive due to pregnancy, either way, I feel compelled to share my thoughts on this December 8th!

My initial reaction to 29 was honestly...fear. Last night I complained to Rob that 29 means I am official old and I was totally freaked out. Thinking about it today however, I have decided I am officially still young and very lucky! I have been blessed with a lot in 29 years and when I think about all the love in my life I am completely overwhelmed! I have been blessed with a lovely, large, healthy, and close knit family. I have so many friends around the world. I have spent my entire adult life in a "profession" of service as the wife of a Soldier. I have a beautiful daughter and the blessing of another baby on the way. And, I have had the love of the most wonderful man I know for almost 11 years.

So today, on my 29th birthday, I am thankful for all of the blessings in my life and celebrate all of the wonderful people who have helped make me the person I am today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From someone who is looking at 32 soon, 29 is not old:) Although I do miss being carded and such, and I find myself looking at teenagers with disdain, it isn't all so bad:)

Steph said...

Happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about being 29, turning 30 does seem OLD!! I only have two short months left of my 20's!

Enjoy your 20's!

ej236 said...

Such a great post and very well written. I just love your picture on your blog heading and your haircut is super cute! I can't wait to see how cute your new family will look like :) Are we going to get to see some preg pictures ?!? Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday!! 29 is young!!

M. M. said...

You're so wonderful!!