Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My funny kid


I have a really funny kid! Thought I would share a few recent Maggie-isms that make us smile. When she is looking at a book or magazine she will randomly say "oh, I miss a page". She has a fascination/fear of Santa Claus and is constantly asking if he is coming to the house. One minute she says "I yike him" and the next "Santa's scary-Daddy hold me!". She also likes to call me a "yucky pig" "oink oink". I realize I have been pretty hungry lately but seriously Maggie!! When she does not like something she tells us "I yik-e that" while shaking her head no. She is talking up a storm and surprises me all the time with what she remembers. She likes to list everyone coming to our house for Christmas "Papa, Nana, An Erin and An Emma".


(Rob and Maggie ready for the Army-Navy game)

In other news baby #2 is doing well and wiggling around like crazy! If Maggie turns out to be our quiet child we are really in trouble. We had our ultrasound 2 weeks ago and everything looks good so far. I have to go back again after Christmas but am happy to do so as Rob wasn't able to make it to the last one. Christmas shopping/baking/wrapping/shipping seems to be extra busy this year and I am really looking forward to having Rob around for some long weekends! I have a cookie exchange tomorrow and am trying out a new recipe-Giadas hazelnut biscotti (though they look more like a cookie to me). Hoping they are delicious!!


2 comments:

ej236 said...

I love that picture of Maggie and her hair is adorable!! I can't wait until Katelyn has enough hair to do fun things like that. I wish we were closer to her all her sayings...i bet you are constantly laughing. Hope you are feeling well!

kd said...

I love reading these stories! We got your card a few days ago (which is gorgeous, btw) and Drew said, "What happened to Maggie?? She's a grownup now!" I guess he misses the little munchkin across the street.

I am glad you are feeling well! Let me know how Giada's biscotti turns out!

OHHH--someone from our unit used to be in your unit in Belvoir and he knows you! small world